The comparison between components or vehicles of the same segment, with similar costs and technical contents, creates the appropriate basis for a research of solutions for reducing production costs, generates a reference status useful for new proposals and permits to individuate new reference suppliers.
In particular STEMAR develops benchmarking activity through the following steps:
- acquisition and disassembly of components to compare and to analyze;
- classification and identification of the various components and inclusion in macrogroups;
- classification of technical and physical features of the components;
- individuation of the appropriate market;
- economic evaluation of the variable (cost of the single provided part) or of the vehicle;
- economic evaluation of investments (tools and machineries for component production and assembly);
- creation of prospects and cost comparison graphs (both single elements and macrogroups) and concerning presentation in Powerpoint format;
- presentation of proposals related to technical and stylistic solutions which can decrease costs (both variable and investment costs), but they can maintain or increase the starting quality standard.